Opened in 1969 and to enter, we shall soon see hams hanging in the front of the room. In back there is a store where we can buy champagne, meat and fish. In Champagnería offer different types of Cava, which is the name given to sparkling wine in Catalonia.
List of Cava:
- Selecte: a drink costs 0.85 €, while the bottle is worth € 4.10.
- Rosat: pink champagne, whose cup costs 0.90 € and € 4.45 bottle.
- Cava Extra: 1 € and 4.75 € the glass bottle.
- Brut Cava 1.10 € and 5.25 € cup bottle.
- Brut 1.20 € and 5.95 € cup bottle.
Snacks to accompany the Cava: serrano ham, fish, different kinds of sausage, or grilled meat, but it is not a decision too committed, you only have to decide between a "calent" (hot), or a "fred" (cold).
The Champagnería no seats, so at lunchtime, you might find some space, but if you go at night, teniesque note that the bar is full. They close at 22h, unusual in Spain.
Carrer de la Reina Cristina, 7, 08003 Barcelona
Zone: Sant Pere, Santa Caterina i la Ribera-Born
933 100 839